Friday 2 November 2012

The beginning of a journey...

My Ki Aikido journey started today. Actually it started last night when I was introduced to Ki Aikido and some concepts around Ki in Ki Aikido by Geissner Sensei of Melbourne Ki Aikido.

For so long I've dabbled in the martial arts - ITF Taekwondo/JKD/AMOK! - trying out various styles, but always it felt to me like I wasn't a good fit. I'm not criticizing any style, they just didn't gel with my personal feelings and beliefs.

I grew up always being interested in martial arts, but my Father being a skeptic about all things Eastern in general, forbade me from joining any martial arts schools, while all my friends did Judo and Karate, all I had were my books to read. This lead to me reading a lot about Aikido and the philosophies behind it, and as such something in Aikido always appealed to me. The Way of Harmony - the phrase seems to resonate with something inside me.

I've just gone through a few years of relative hell - everything that could go wrong went wrong. At points in my life the last couple of years it felt like my life had totally fallen apart, and my health started suffering. With suffering health came a suffering mind, or perhaps the mind suffered first,but in the end even my work was affected negatively.

My wife and I decided to move down to Melbourne for a fresh start. We decided on a neighbourhood to settle in, once we had an address I started googling for martial arts clubs. Great was my suprise to find a Ki Aikido dojo within spitting distance from where we now live! That had to be another sign!

I heard the call of Aikido for a third time. This time I am heeding it. One can only resist and ignore it for so long.

This blog is written with the idea of documenting my life and my journey as I train in Ki Aikido. Hopefully I can show someone out there what difference it will make to your life in all aspects. I will add photo's and videos, I will endeavor to update it regularly, and will from time to time add links and information related to Aikido in general as I stumble across them in my training.

Welcome and thanks for reading my blog.

Yours in Ki
BeeTee

No comments:

Post a Comment